A women’s retreat for the body, mind and spirit.
March 17th – 19th, 2017
Join us for a weekend retreat of learning and relaxation for women at beautiful Camp Ramah in California.
Be part of a unique program combining creativity, text study and friendship with the joyous celebration of Shabbat in an inspirational setting. Share with friends, connect spiritually through reflection, prayer and song. Indulge in relaxation and activities such as yoga, pilates or martial arts. Bring your daughter(s) (age 18 and older), mother, sister(s) and friend(s)! You will return home refreshed and renewed in body, mind and spirit.
- Invigorate the body through yoga, hiking, pilates or sports
- Walk, talk and relax with friends
- Pamper your body spa-style in the beautiful Camp Ramah setting
- Delve into both traditional and modern texts, bringing them to life in dynamic, participatory study sessions led by Rabbi-in-Residence, Shawn Fields-Meyer
- Enjoy rare quiet time for rest, reading and guided meditation
- Celebrate Shabbat with lively singing, joyous prayer and reflective contemplation
- Discover how the creative meets the traditional through our innovative programming.
- Join friends, sisters, daughters, mothers in forming a warm community
SCHOLAR-IN-RESIDENCE: RABBI SHAWN FIELDS-MEYER
Rabbi Shawn Fields-Meyer serves as School Rabbi at Milken Community High School in Los Angeles. She is also Instructor in Bible at the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies. She is co-author of the book, A Day Apart: Shabbat at Home, a practical and spiritual guide to the home rituals of Shabbat. Rabbi Fields-Meyer is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and received her rabbinic ordination from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America. Rabbi Fields-Meyer and her husband, Tom, a writer, have three sons.
ARTIST- IN RESIDENCE: ANDREA HODOS
Andrea is a performance artist and arts educator. Each year, she brings her signature work, Moving Torah — an innovative approach to studying and interpreting Jewish texts — to Ruach Nashim. Andrea is also the Program Director and facilitator at NewGround: A Muslim-Jewish Partnership for Change.
ABOUT CAMP RAMAH
- Ojai, California affords a lush backdrop for Camp Ramah.
- The facility includes hotel style rooms with private baths and excellent kosher cuisine.
- Large dining facility, beautiful synagogue, arts and crafts studio, outdoor amphitheaters provide charming settings for many camp activities.
- Sports facilities include Olympic size swimming pool, courts for volleyball, tennis and basketball and playing fields for baseball and soccer.
2017 ACCOMMODATIONS, RATES & REGISTRATION
|A.||Standard – 2 Per Room
Private bath, linens included
|B.||Deluxe – 2 Per Room
Hotel-style accommodations, private bath & linens included
|C.||Levine Retreat House
Nestled in the Orange Grove, overlooking the main campus, hotel-quality bedding and linens each with private bath
|D.||Cabin (limited availability)
(Cabins only, you must provide your own linens)
Availability is on a first come, first serve basis. Prices based on two adults per room. A limited number of deluxe or standard single rooms are available. Single room prices are to be determined. No pets allowed. Childcare will not be provided.