Journey around the Givah: A Virtual 5k with Camp Ramah!
We are excited to announce Camp Ramah in California’s SECOND annual Virtual 5k Journey around the Givah on Sunday, May 1, 2022! Walk or run safely from any location you choose — close to your home, around a park, or on a trail. Join us to raise funds to help sustain and support our beloved camp by becoming a walker, a sponsor, or by making a donation.
It’s easy to participate!
- Make a donation by clicking here
- Sign up to fundraise and run/walk on May 1st by clicking here. Create your own fundraising page and ask your friends and family to support you as you walk/run your own personal route for camp. There will be opportunities to win prizes at each of the fundraising milestones!
- Become a sponsor by clicking here. We have listed the sponsorship opportunities below!
Thank you for your support and love of Camp Ramah. We are incredibly grateful!
Co-Chairs: Sheila Baran Spiwak and Laura-Beth Sholkoff
Vice Chairs: Molly Auerbach, Beth Freeman, Sarah Spiwak Gelbart, Rena Stern Kates, Ethan Kraft, Lana Rizika, Margalit Rosenthal
Ellen Brown, Chair, Board of Directors
Karmi Monsher, Development Chair
East Coast: Hillary Gardenswartz, Talia Spitzer, Anna Stern
San Diego: Amy Mendelsohn Aires, Dan Zagursky
Northern California: Miriam Wolf, Jessica Rosenbaum
Arizona: Alison Feinberg, Toby Fox, Kim Green, Stacy Moskowitz, Gail & Marlie Nochomovitz
Los Angeles: Estelle Marco, Rabbi Shawn Fields-Meyer
If you would like to send a check please send it to:
Camp Ramah in California
Attention: Virtual 5k
17525 Ventura Blvd., Suite 310
Encino, CA 91316
In the memo section of your check please add the name of the Walker/Runner that you are supporting
Virtual 5k Sponsors!
Sheila Baran Spiwak & Alan Spiwak and Family
Virtual Menucha Sponsors
The Jeff Astor Foundation
Ellen & Jeff Brown
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary
Sheila & Aaron Leibovic
Deborah Musher & Rabbi Joe Menashe
Karmi & Harold Monsher
Rachel & Dr. Lee Rosen
Jessica & Aaron Rosenbaum
Laura-Beth & Jack Sholkoff and Family
Sponsorship Options for our Virtual 5k
Fundraising Milestones: “Journeying around Camp Ramah”
Take a look at our milestones and prepare for your virtual journey around camp!
For each individual that raises…
- $36, you reach the starting line (virtually) at Fairview Rd and will receive a Camp Ramah shoelaces.
- $180 you’ll reach the Shetach Ha’Tzrifim (The Bunk Area) and will receive a Journey Around the Givah t-shirt to wear on race day. (*If you meet this milestone after April 5th and as we get closer to the event we may run out of certain sizes, and you may not receive your t-shirt by race day)
- $360, you’ll reach Nagarut (woodworking) or your favorite Ramah chug (elective) and will receive a Camp Ramah socks.
- $720, you’ll reach the Breicha (Pool) and will receive a Camp Ramah Tervis tumbler (water bottle) to use next time you’re in Ojai.
- $1,000, you’ll reach the Chadar Ochel (Dining Hall) and will receive a Camp Ramah towel.
- $1,800, you’ll reach Chavalim ( Ropes Course) and will receive a Camp Ramah backpack.
- $3,600 you’ll reach The Bench (at the top of the Givah) and will receive a cozy Camp Ramah half-zip.
- $5,000 you’ll reach the Givah (Hill) and will receive Camp Ramah sweatpants to match your half-zip.
- $10,000 you’ll finish a lap around the Givah! You’ll receive personalized Camp Ramah northface Puffy!
* All prizes and swag items are subject to change.
The top walker/fundraiser will receive a beautiful handmade quilt created from vintage Camp Ramah T-Shirts! Thank you to Elyse Weise for making this beautiful blanket for us.
T-shirts and shoelaces will be shipped before the walk. All other items will ship afterward.