- To register, please visit the REGISTRATION PAGE
A women’s retreat for the body, mind, and spirit.
March 4-6, 2022
Join us for a weekend retreat of learning and relaxation for women at beautiful Camp Ramah in California.
Be part of a unique program combining creativity, text study, and friendship with the joyous celebration of Shabbat in an inspirational setting. Share with friends, connect spiritually through reflection, prayer and song. Indulge in relaxation and activities such as yoga, pilates, or martial arts. Bring your daughter(s) (age 18 and older), mother, sister(s) and friend(s)! You will return home refreshed and renewed in body, mind, and spirit.
- Invigorate the body through yoga, hiking, pilates, or dancing
- Walk, talk and relax with friends
- Pamper yourself in the beautiful Camp Ramah setting
- Delve into both traditional and modern texts, bringing them to life in dynamic, participatory study sessions led by Rabbi-in-Residence, Shawn Fields-Meyer
- Enjoy rare quiet time for rest, reading, and guided meditation
- Celebrate Shabbat with lively singing, joyous prayer, and reflective contemplation
- Discover how the creative meets the traditional through our innovative programming.
- Join friends, sisters, daughters, mothers in forming a warm community
Scholar in Residence: Shawn Fields-Meyer
Rabbi Shawn Fields-Meyer is thrilled to bring Ruach Nashim back to beautiful Camp Ramah for this 15th retreat! Rabbi Shawn serves as a school rabbi at Milken Community School in Los Angeles. She is also an Instructor at the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies and is co-author of the book, A Day Apart: Shabbat at Home, a practical and spiritual guide to the home rituals of Shabbat. She is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and received her rabbinic ordination from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America. Rabbi Shawn and her husband, Tom, a writer, have three sons.
Artist in Residence: Rabbi Aviva Funke
Rabbi Aviva Funke is a dynamic educator and passionate musician who is delighted to bring original prayer music and spirituality to the Jewish world. She is thrilled to return to Ruach Nashim for her sixth retreat, where she leads innovative prayer experiences and a Torah-reflection songwriting workshop. Recently returning to her home city of Scottsdale, Arizona, Rabbi Aviva is the principal of Hebrew High for the Bureau of Jewish Education and an adjunct rabbi for Congregation Or Tzion. Previously she was a day school rabbi for Wilshire Boulevard Temple in Los Angeles and is the co-founder of Na’or, an innovative prayer project. Rabbi Aviva is married to Yosef and they have two sons, E.B. and Amitov.
ABOUT CAMP RAMAH
- Ojai, California affords a lush backdrop for Camp Ramah.
- The facility includes hotel-style rooms with private baths and excellent kosher cuisine.
- Large dining facility, beautiful synagogue, arts and crafts studio, outdoor amphitheaters provide charming settings for many camp activities.
- Sports facilities include an Olympic size swimming pool, courts for volleyball, tennis, basketball, and playing fields for baseball and soccer.
Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Prices are based on two adults per room. A limited number of deluxe or standard single rooms are available. Single room prices are to be determined. No pets allowed. Childcare will not be provided.