We have long wished to help make a Ramah journey more accessible and affordable. Now, in partnership with the Winkler Lowy Foundation, we are excited to continue the Masah Incentive. This initiative will provide a subsidy to Tzophim, Kochavim, and Machon (rising 9th-11th grade) campers, as well as 14-16-year-old Amitzim campers. This incentive is separate from our financial aid process; thus, it can provide support to a much broader range of our community.
From generations of firsthand experience and thorough research, we know that campers who complete a Camp Ramah experience are more likely to have strong Jewish friendships, continue to engage in Jewish rituals, and call Judaism and Israel central to their identity for years to come. The Masah Incentive will make the final years of camp more accessible to families and allow Jewish learning and friendships to solidify throughout the teen years.
Campers who apply will receive the following amounts towards tuition:
$360 – Tzophim campers & 14-year-old Amitzim campers
$500 – Kochavim campers & 15-year-old Amitzim campers
$720 – Machon campers & 16-year-old Amitzim campers
While this incentive is not part of the Camp Ramah financial aid application process or award, there are qualifications and income\asset limits.*
In order to apply, you will need to:
- Affirm your intent to complete the camper journey through Machon or Amitzim age 16.
- Complete a short application (Parents).
- Answer two short questions (Campers). Should your camper need accommodations, contact Elana Naftalin Kelman, our Tikvah Director.
The application and short-answer questions are located in the Forms and Documents section of your Ramah Account.
We care dearly about our campers returning for these special camp years and we believe strongly in their lifelong impact. Please join us in expressing gratitude to the Winkler Lowy family for this investment in our campers and our future.
Rabbi Joe Menashe, Executive Director
Ariella Moss Peterseil, Camp Director
*This incentive is open to families who meet the qualifications below:
- Family affirms that being a recipient is important in allowing their child to finish their Ramah journey
- Family’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is under $350,000/yr
- The family possesses liquid assets, not including retirement or college savings, of under $500,000
- The camper has been previously enrolled for at least one summer at Camp Ramah in California (Campers enrolled for the first time in 2020 are eligible)
Masah Incentive FAQs
If you have more questions, please contact Benjamin Strom.